- Paul Perillo checks in with CB Joejuan Williams, who hopes to break through and actively contribute in his second year - a task that is especially difficult considering the talent ahead of him on the depth chart.
- Photos: Patriots host second Soup-R Bowl at Gillette Stadium.
- From NFL Network: David Carr and Shaun O’Hara discuss if the the Patriots defense is strong enough to spark playoff run. (1.50 min. video)
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts: Damien Harris an intriguing insurance policy at running back; Tyler Hughes in coaching pipeline; Remembering Reche’s ‘06 season; More.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Sunday Patriots news, AFC East notes: Sony Michel recovering from offseason foot surgery; Shorter season a possibility? More.
- Ryan Hannable (WEEI) Sunday 7: Unusual offseason can be both positive and negative for Jarrett Stidham; After playing sparingly as a rookie, this could be a year for Joejuan Williams to see the field more and actually contribute on a game-to-game basis; More.
- Tom E. Curran says the Patriots have one of the NFL’s slowest groups of skill position players, and wonders if that will grind the offense to a halt or if they’ll be able to compensate and adjust.
- Ryan Hannable notes James White explains how his role will change without Tom Brady.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Matt Light shares advice for Jarrett Stidham on replacing Tom Brady.
- CBS Boston notes ESPN’s Dianna Russini spoke to an unnamed member of the Pats’ offense who said it’s ‘a little far-fetched’ to ‘expect us to have an offense that is going to be improved without the greatest player of all time.’
- Sean T. McGuire ranks the best cornerback groups in the NFL, from worst to first. No. 1 Patriots.
- Adam London relays Adam Rank’s prediction for the Patriots 2020 record and standing in the AFC East. Pats go 9-7 but still (barely) win the AFC East.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Morning QB: Inside the nine-week offseason Program Matt Ryan created for his Falcons teammates; Plus, the NFL’s unsettled restart plan; More.
- Michael MacCambridge (SI) Guest FMIA: The perils of a 17-game NFL season; More.
- Conor Orr (SI) Every team’s biggest weakness: AFC - NFC. Patriots: Quarterback.
- Adam Rank (NFL.com) 2020 record prediction, game-by-game (9-7) for New England. (3.57 min. video).
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Report: Patriots hire Tyler Hughes as coaching assistant.
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) Ranking the NFL’s worst-to-first candidates in 2020. Dolphins ranked 4th.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) Best, worst of past decade in NFL: Signings, fantasy players, game and more.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) We ranked NFL teams’ continuity from 1-32. Bills No. 1, Pats 29th, lol.
- Brent Sobleski (Bleacher Report) Every NFL team’s biggest red flag heading into 2020 season. Patriots: QB.
- Chris Roling (Bleacher Report) 2020 NFL offseason’s biggest winners and losers so far.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) If NFL can pull off playing 2020 season despite hurdles, expect the world to watch like never before.
- Jonathan Jones (CBS Sports) Assessing pros and cons of NFL starting training camp on time and reducing preseason.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) Pumped-in crowd noise? Mic’d-up players? Darkened seats? How NFL broadcasts could change without fans.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Pete Carroll: Shorter offseason makes it hard for rookies to prove themselves.
- Josh Edwards (CBS Sports) Ultimate NFL Draft: The best pick for all 256 slots over the last 50 years.
- Will Ragatz (SI-Vikings) Why ESPN needs to put Randy Moss in the Monday Night Football booth.