- Jerry Thornton has some thoughts on ESPN naming the Patriots ‘Best of the Decade’ in almost every category.
- Adam London notes the Patriots were well-represented on ESPN’s AFC East All-Decade Team, which shouldn’t be very surprising.
- Andy Hart analyzes the linebackers, noting with the loss of a lot of veteran talent, leadership and production, Dont’a Hightower will be leading a new-look young group in 2020.
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Grading each position group: Defensive line, Edge, Linebackers.
- Sean T. McGuire ranks the best safety groups in the NFL from the worst to the Patriots.
- Mark Daniels points out five hidden gems waiting to shine on the Pats roster. 1. OLB Derek Rivers.
- Chris Mason wonders if Sony Michel’s recovery from surgery will open the door for Damien Harris on the crowded Pats RB depth chart.
- Isaiah Houde (PatriotsWire) Ranking the 20 best tight ends the Patriots will face in 2020.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) 5 position groups the Patriots could still target in a trade this summer.
- Karen Guregian says that for the first time in a long time, the Patriots have something to prove, and identifies the positive elements that should help pick up the slack from the loss of Brady.
- Ryan Hannable highlights Rodney Harrison weighing in on the Patriots’ mentality without Tom Brady. Harrison believes the team will be motivated to prove it can win without him.
- Brady Atkins (NFLAnalysis) 4 early reasons the Patriots will still win the AFC East in 2020.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) 8 players the Patriots could trade this summer.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Dre’ Bly shares more of his offseason workouts with Stephon Gilmore.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Willie McGinest explains why Ty Law was the best defender he ever played with.
- Rob Bradford highlights WEEI guest Tim Hasselbeck explaining why he believes Cam Newton would be a good fit for the Pats.
- Dakota Randall finds Pawtucket, RI-based Smug Brewing recently launched “Traitorade,” as a creative way to troll Brady and Gronk for leaving.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Ian Glendon discuss the potential of Colin Kaepernick signing with the Patriots in 2020. (37 min.)
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Kyle Shanahan gets another six-year deal; Player COVID-19 cases shouldn’t be surprises; More NFL notes.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) NFL all-decade: Best player on each AFC East team, every position.
- Tyler Sullivan (CBS Sports) AFC East 2020 preview: One homegrown player still on a rookie contract who could be key for each team. Patriots: Sony Michel.
- Doug Farrar (TouchdownWire) The NFL’s best cornerbacks in zone coverage. No. 4 Stephon Gilmore.
- Sean Wagner-McGough (CBS Sports) Ranking top 10 QBs for 2020 NFL season. Roethlisberger and Stafford make the list, but no Rodgers.
- Ben Linsey (Pro Football Focus) Ranking the NFL’s 32 starting running backs by elusiveness. Sony Michel 26th.
- Maurice Moton (Bleacher Report) Ranking the top 7 pass-rushing duos heading into 2020 NFL Season
- Analysis Team (Pro Football Focus) Redrafting the NFL: Mahomes to the Bengals, Rodgers to the Jaguars; More.
- Willie McGinest (NFL.com) The five best players McGinest played with in his NFL career.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Biggest NFL roster holes. Pats not on list.
- Nora Princiotti (The Ringer) The galvanizing effect of a secondhand QB.
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Which team has the best WR duo in the NFL? (3.18 min. video)
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Roger Goodell: Positive COVID-19 tests are going to happen.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA: Plan is to test players for COVID-19 about three times a week.
- Shalise Manza Young (Yahoo! Sports) Coronavirus: The NFL cannot let the hunger for live sports overshadow player safety.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA says revenues would decline by $3 billion if stadiums are empty.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) How the XFL came crashing down, and what its collapse means for the future of spring football.