- Mike Dussault finds Ja’Whaun Bentley looking to seize the opportunity and return to the potential he showed early in his rookie season.
- Paul Perillo profiles RB Damien Harris, who is leaning on his veteran teammates as he prepares for Year 2.
- Megan O’Brien tackles this week’s Patriots Unfiltered Q&A: Bring in additional competition at QB?
- Video Conference transcript: Ja’Whaun Bentley.
- Karen Guregian calls this a pivotal season for third-year linebacker Ja’Whaun Bentley. “The hope is, the 2018 fifth-round pick out of Purdue will pick up where he left off as a rookie.”
- Andy Hart says the offseason exodus of veteran linebacker talent has left a big hole on the Patriots defense and a big opportunity for Ja’Whaun Bentley.
- Sean T. McGuire highlights how Kyle Van Noy, Jamie Collins and Elandon Roberts, who all left in free agency, helped Ja’Whaun Bentley.
- Danny Jaillet (PatriotsWire) Why Dont’a Hightower will be MVP for ‘year of change’ 2020 season.
- Evan Lazar’s Film Review: QB Jarrett Stidham, Jedd Fisch, and the Shanahan influence in New England.
- Andy Hart resets the roster at cornerback: New England may have the best cornerback depth chart in the NFL heading into 2020 and not just due to the presence of Defensive Player of the Year Stephon Gilmore.
- Ryan Hannable explains why trading Joe Thuney wouldn’t make sense for Patriots.
- Isaiah Houde (PatriotsWire) Ranking the 21 best running backs the Patriots will face in 2020.
- Joy Manning (BostonSportsChick) Can the Patriots take home their 7th Lombardi in February? /Yes!
- Sravan Gannavarapu (LastWordOnSports) Patriots easiest games in 2020.
- Danny Jaillet (PatriotsWire) Bill Belichick will present at USA Today Sports Awards.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Chase Winovich slides into the North End Firehouse. /I like this guy more and more.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Thomas Murphy evaluate the many challenges that the Pats’ coaches expect to face in 2020. (47 min.)
- Patriots Beat podcast: Mike Petraglia and Evan Lazar discuss if Cam Newton or Colin Kaepernick could be a fit at QB for the Patriots (38 min.)
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Ja’Whaun Bentley trying to take “game to the next level” for Patriots.
- Samantha Previte (NY Post) Bill Belichick fired up to prove Patriots can win without Tom Brady.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets-Patriots rivalry is in desperate need of a spark.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Promising Bills aren’t ready to capitalize on Tom Brady-less AFC East.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) Predicting the first game started for top 2020 rookie quarterbacks: Tua Tagovailoa has to wait a while.
- Joel Corry (CBS Sports) Agent’s Take: The biggest NFL contracts of the salary cap era for each position, adjusted for 2020
- Albert Breer (SI) Mailbag: Who has the brightest future in the AFC East? Plus, Antonio Brown, Drew Lock, the Jets’ and 49ers’ front offices, and more.
Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Predicting each AFC team’s MVP in 2020. Patriots:
Tom BradyStephon Gilmore.
- Jared Dubin (CBS Sports) Ranking top 10 WRs for 2020 NFL season.
- Video (ESPN) Julian Edelman’s hand-eye coordination is wild. (25 second video)
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) Ranking the eight NFL divisions by quarterback. AFC East 7th.
- Chris Roling (Bleacher Report) Ranking the 10 biggest fluke teams in NFL history. 10. 2001 Patriots. /10th???
- Paul Schwartz (NY Post) Bill Belichick as Giants coach first of many Big Blue what-ifs.
- Jelani Scott (NFL.com) NFL considering expanding practice squads to up to 16 players.
- Nick Shook (NFL.com) NFL working to refine COVID-19 protocols, testing guidelines.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) NFL chief medical officer: COVID-19 protocols “won’t feel normal” because they aren’t.