- Mike Dussault reports the NFL reveals its 2020 facility protocols.
- Mike Dussault highlights Stephon Gilmore sitting with Brian Baldinger to break down his 2019 film and share insight on his game. “I study a lot,” said Gilmore. “There’s probably not one route any guy’s ran that caught the ball that I haven’t already seen. They’re not going to throw the ball to him if it hasn’t worked all year. They’re going to try to do the same thing.”
- Megan O’Brien sits down with Brandon Bolden, who addresses what it is like to be a veteran leader at his position. (5.05 min. video)
- Ryan Hannable passes along a report that most members of the Patriots are off until training camp. Virtual meetings will continue with rookies.
- Phil Perry breaks down Dalton Keene’s skillset and the many roles the rookie tight end could assume to keep opposing defenses guessing.
- Ryan Queen (LastWordOnSports) Patriots sleepers: Dalton Keene. “Keene has an extremely high ceiling, especially within New England’s offense, but he will need to learn multiple positions if he expects to stick around.”
- Tony Massarotti says Julian Edelman still “has to prove that there is plenty of gas left in his proverbial tank” in 2020.
- Danny Jaillet (PatriotsWire) It seems Julian Edelman is out to prove he’s not a product of Tom Brady.
- Ryan Hannable highlights WEEI guest Mike Giardi on how Julian Edelman and others are highly motivated to prove people wrong this season.
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Grading each position as it stands right now: Offensive line and special teams.
- Isaiah Houde (PatriotsWire) Predicting who will win Patriots’ 6 biggest positional battles. TE: “I believe Asiasi will be the No. 1 tight end, with Keene and LaCosse following him on the depth chart.”
- Zack Cox previews the linebackers to sort out the roster locks, bubble players and the big questions facing this position for 2020. 1. Which roles will Day 2 draft picks Uche and Jennings play?
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Kurt Warner explains how Stephon Gilmore compares to Deion Sanders.
- Zack Cox talks about the challenge of fitting 90 fully grown NFL players into a single locker room — a difficult enough proposition under ideal circumstances.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Thomas Murphy discuss if the running backs might be the ‘new hope’ for the Patriots offensive force. (41 min.)
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Team-sponsored virtual offseasons could actually end early; Plus, the Patriots’ guest speaker, COVID-19 protocols for training camp; More NFL notes. “Not that they need it, but pro football and its union are getting one heck of a good example from their baseball counterparts of how not to handle coming back from a pandemic. Those guys could turn a one-car funeral procession into a 10-car pileup.”
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Report: Camps could open in mid-July.
- Tyler Sullivan (CBS Sports) Patriots Franchise Five: Tom Brady, Bill Belichick headline greatest to ever play in New England
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) 2020 NFL season: Key homegrown player for each AFC team. Patriots: Isaiah Wynn.
- Maurice Moton (Bleacher Report) Ranking top 7 cornerback duos heading into 2020 season. No. 2 Gilmore-JMac
- NFL Nation (ESPN) Re-drafting the NFL: We picked 128 foundational players across all 32 teams.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The six most underrated position groups in the NFL.
- Brad Gagnon (Bleacher Report) 1 team from every division that will be better than you think in 2020. AFC East: NY Jets.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) NFL trade market: Five proposals that make a lot of sense. No Pats.
- Cynthia Frelund (NFL.com) NFL rookie running backs: Who’ll be most productive in 2020?
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) Why Peyton Manning might be considered the G.O.A.T. if he and Tom Brady had swapped teams. /Stahp.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) New CBA complicates Dalvin Cook’s planned holdout.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL establishes initial protocols for player return to team facilities.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA to players: NFL memo regarding pandemic protocols was sent without union approval.
- Chris Mason highlights Mike Vrabel sharing stories of tough love from Tom Brady and pranking Bill Belichick at Patriots practice.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) James White shares statement discussing his interpretation of “Black Lives Matter.”
- Jason La Canfora (ProFootballTalk) NFL players to kneel for anthem as a group, and some believe Roger Goodell could take part