- Angelique Fiske reports Julian Edelman shares message of ‘compassion, empathy and love’ in light of DeSean Jackson’s anti-Semitic posts.
- Hype Video: Cam Newton - hungrier than ever. (1 min.)
- Patriots Unfiltered 7/9: The addition of QB Cam Newton and if it will slow down the rebuild process; The NFL Covid-19 safety protocols coming into focus; Will there even be a season? More. (2 hours)
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Patriots training camp preview: Intriguing position battles at linebacker and safety.
- Gary Dzen writes about the video of N’Keal Harry and Cam Newton in Los Angeles for a throwing session. “the pair worked out for about two hours, running through plays from what the athletes said was New England’s playbook.”
- Sean T. McGuire checks out the photos N’Keal Harry posted to Instagram on Thursday, and it seems he’s putting in some serious work.
- Ryan Hannable wonders what the Patriots’ plan at quarterback is for the future?
- Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable question whether Bill Belichick will spend more time with offense in 2020.
- Sean T. McGuire relays ex-Pats executive Michael Lombardi on his belief that Cam Newton will still have to compete, but will no problem winning the starting job over Jarrett Stidham.
- Nick Goss notes Deion Branch is ‘excited’ to see what the offense looks like with Newton.
- Chad Finn admits he didn’t really want the Patriots to sign Cam Newton, but now that they have, he loves it.
- Chad Finn debates which quarterback will play the most games for the Patriots this season.
- Tom E. Curran thinks the Patriots would be the perfect landing spot for TE David Njoku.
- Lauren Campbell mentions Mohamed Sanu’s question after the NFL stated it won’t allow players to swap jerseys after games this season: “So is everyone going no huddle this year or??”
- Trevor Sikkema (TheDraftNetwork) What must happen for Patriots to win the Super Bowl.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Cam Newton will need an extra-special season to make his full $7.5 million.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Cam Newton begins studying the Patriots’ “calculus”-like playbook.
- Kevin Patra (NFL.com) Cam Newton to be first Patriots player to wear No. 1 since 1987.
- Danny Heifetz (The Ringer) Deal or no deal? Will any of the franchise-tagged NFL stars get a deal? Joe Thuney in the “You’re Plan A and we don’t have a Plan B” category. Verdict: Unlikely.
- Jordan Dajani (CBS Sports) Cam Newton continues Patriots workout tour, practices routes with 2019 first-round pick N’Keal Harry. /Hm... Yet another QB-teammate workout story without any mention of how it violates suggested NFL-NFLPA protocol against player workouts. Almost as if the media bashing is meant only for Tom Brady.
- Bryan DeArdo (CBS Sports) Every NFL team’s best player who is not enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, yet. Patriots: Richard Seymour.
- Josh Edwards (CBS Sports) Jamal Adams trade request latest signal that NFL players are more empowered than ever. How did NFL free agency evolve into its current shape?
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) The NFL and players are on a collision course over safety and money. They have weeks to avert disaster.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Testing protocol is still being developed.
- Rob Maaddi (AP) When the NFL preseason begins, teams will have to follow these rules
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Masks will be required for sideline personnel, but not players or coaches.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA to NFL: Tell us why four preseason games is problematic, but two isn’t.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA reminds players that drug testing resumes when training camp opens.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) NFL bans jersey exchanges due to coronavirus. /Nah, that’s due to idiocy.
- Doug Farrar (TouchdownWire) Players react quickly to NFL’s new (and ridiculous) COVID safety protocols.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Post-game contact will be limited in 2020.
- Andrew Callahan reports Julian Edelman invites DeSean Jackson to Holocaust museum after anti-Semitic posts.
- Doug Farrar (TouchdownWire) What should NFL teams do about racist player statements?
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL Media on-air staff taking pay cuts.
- John Keim (ESPN) Renaming the Redskins: Inside the process, hurdles and possible fallout.