- Patriots announce reduced capacity and preliminary protocols for fans at Gillette Stadium.
- Patriots Unfiltered 7/14: Preparing for Training Camp, New England gains $7M in cap space; More. (2 hours)
- Mike Reiss highlights the key points from the team’s letter: Patriots plan to limit capacity to about 20% if fans are allowed at games.
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) N’Keal Harry breakout: How New England’s first rounder can improve.
- Hayden Bird’s Morning sports update: Scott Zolak still thinks Jarrett Stidham will be the Patriots’ starting QB. “That’s what I was told.”
- Aidan Curran gives us 4 factors to consider in the debate over which QB will start for the Pats. 1. Familiarity with the playbook.
- Michael Hurley points out how instead of considering himself as the man who has to fill Tom Brady’s shoes, Cam Newton sees himself as a man who can do things on a football field that Brady could never do.
- Adam London notes former WR James Jones thinks Cam Newton will be an upgrade over Tom Brady. /Stahp.
- CBS Boston says it’s ‘deadline day’ for the Patriots and Joe Thuney.
- Ryan Hannable explains why Damien Harris could be setting himself up for breakout season.
- Nick O’Malley thumbnails 11 Patriots under 25 who could make the leap in 2020: 1. LB Ja’Whaun Bentley.
- Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable consider who could be a surprise cut over the summer.
- Max McAuliffe (SI-Patriots) Are Patriots a dark horse to sign Jadeveon Clowney?
- Dakota Randall addresses Ian Rapoport throwing cold water on any Jadeveon Clowney-Patriots talk.
- Dakota Randall posts Dan Orlovsky’s fascinating breakdown of a great Devin McCourty play. /Worth a watch.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Social media reacts to Bill Belichick filming commercial for Subway.
Q: So Bill, how’d you like the sandwich?
BB: Yeah ... I don’t know. Look, every sandwich is different. Bread, meat, lettuce, some other vegetable combination. I’m not saying it was bad, I’m not saying that. But it was what it was. And I’m on to the next.
- Nicole Yang highlights what we learned from Cam Newton’s father in The Ringer’s new ‘Cam Chronicles’ podcast.
- Sean T. McGuire notes Odell Beckham Jr. sure seems like he wants to play for Bill Belichick.
- Adam London relays Dont’a Hightower and Patrick Chung voicing concerns about the 2020 season.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Drew Bledsoe shares message welcoming Richard Seymour to Pats Hall Of Fame.
- Patriots Beat podcast: Mike Petraglia and Sierra Goodwill discuss the Patriots new-found salary cap room, the upcoming training camp under COVID, and more. (36 min.)
- Steve Palazzolo (Pro Football Focus) 2020 NFL team preview series: New England Patriots.
- Jeremy Bergman (NFL.com) AFC East training camp preview: Bills rising; Patriots are in flux.
- Mike DeCourcy (Sporting News) Cam Newton promises he’ll give Patriots an upgrade over Tom Brady in at least one area.
- Tyler Conway (Bleacher Report0 Patriots are ‘pretty mediocre’ after Tom Brady’s exit for Buccaneers, says agent.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) NFL veterans on the bubble for all 32 teams: Who could be cut during 2020 training camp? Patriots: Brian Hoyer.
- Maurice Moton (Bleacher Report) Predictions for every NFL franchise-tagged player ahead of July 15 deadline. Patriots Joe Thuney plays the 2020 season on the franchise tag.
- Joel Corry (CBS Sports) Agents Take: Sizing up situation for Cowboys’ Dak Prescott, other unsigned franchise-tagged players as deadline nears.
- Mike Tanier (Bleacher Report) Patrick Mahomes, George Kittle and the NFL’s All-Underpaid Team of 2020.
- Gregg Rosenthal and Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) Top 101 NFL free agents of 2020: Fifteen players left; Who will sign Jadeveon Clowney?
- Brad Gagnon (Bleacher Report) Re-drafting the 2009 NFL draft. No. 23 Pats pick Sebastian Vollmer instead of trading out of the first round.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) The plan to start the 2020 NFL season: What we know and what we don’t know.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL, NFLPA prepare to continue talks on Wednesday.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA has leverage on the financial side of the pandemic negotiations.
- JC Tretter (NFLPA) Prioritizing player safety in a pandemic.
- Robin Lundberg (SI) Patrick Mahomes’ Madden rating of 99 is too low. /Summary: “He’s more special-er than everyone and the absolute bestest ever and I love him!”