- Mike Dussault examines the linebackers and edge players. “After the departures of three linebacker/edge players, this position group will have a new look this season. The one constant that remains is Dont’a Hightower, who can play multiple roles within the defense and is the tone-setter up front.”
- Angelique Fiske posts Stephon Gilmore’s reaction to making the Madden ‘99 Club’.
- Mike Reiss offers his take on what’s next for the Patriots and franchise-tagged guard Joe Thuney.
- Phil Perry lays out the scenarios for the Patriots and Joe Thuney, noting the team could still swing a trade.
- Isaiah Houde (PatriotsWire) Instant analysis of Joe Thuney playing out franchise tag for Patriots in 2020.
- Logan Mullen says the Patriots and Joe Thuney never came close to a contract extension.
- Adam London mentions the rumor of the Jets’ reported interest in Joe Thuney, that helped inspire Bill Belichick to keep him off the market.
- Mark Morse (PatsFans) Patriots look back and look forward: Offense. “I’m excited to see what a motivated Cam Newton, healthy Offensive Line, improved Wide Receivers and Tights Ends in an innovative offense by Josh McDaniel might do this year.”
- Sara Marshall (BelieveInBostonSports) The (Cam) Newton Theory of Relativity. Excitement is in the air among Pats fans.
- DJ Bean weirdly suggests fans shouldn’t root for Cam Newton to succeed on his revenge tour, because he could end up a one-year wonder in Foxboro. /But if he doesn’t succeed, then why would we want him to stay?
- Ryan Hannable says Cam Newton should be upset with his agent for not digging into the Patriots salary cap situation and discovering that the team would soon be getting relief. “It’s pretty clear the Patriots knew they would be getting that credit at some point before the start of training camp.”
- Dakota Randall reports a sizable group of Patriots aren’t waiting until training camp to put in work together.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Cam Newton continues activity on social media with new motivational workout post.
- Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable discuss whether Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung will start to show their age.
- Isaiah Houde (PatriotsWire) Stephon Gilmore joins elite group with a 99 rating on ‘Madden 21’.
- Mike Masala (PatriotsWire) Stephon Gilmore shares who he thinks are the most difficult wide receivers to cover.
- Evan Lazar continues his countdown of the ten most important Patriots in 2020. No. 7 David Andrews.
- Pete Watt notes Cam Newton was installed as the oddsmakers’ favorite to be the New England Patriots No. 1 quarterback as soon as he signed, but now they’re not so sure.
- Andy Hart posts an NFL Network video by analyst Daniel Jeremiah that shows how Bill Belichick goes about picking personnel and building a formula for on-field success.
- Sports Uncovered podcast: Tom E. Curran reveals through stories the Bill Belichick you don’t know. (39 min.)
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and the rest of his AFC East ‘Locked On’ peers continue their Ultimate Divisional Crossover Week with a focus on the NY Jets. (48 min.) /Pats rule, Jets drool.
- Patriots Fourth and Two podcast: Russ Goldman, Steve Balestrieri and Derek Havens discuss the Pats and who will be the starting QB. (57 min.)
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Ranking tagged players based on who’s most likely to stay put in ‘21. Joe Thuney will likely have to leave to max out his money.
- Mark Schofield (TouchdownWire) The NFL’s 11 best off-ball linebackers. 11. Dont’a Hightower.
- Sam Monson (Pro Football Focus) 10 NFL players who need strong training camps to earn expanded roles in 2020. Chase Winovich included.
- Steve Palazzolo (Pro Football Focus) NFL tight end rankings: All 32 units entering the 2020 NFL season. Patriots 30th.
- Ben Linsey (Pro Football Focus) Ranking the NFL quarterbacks most affected by pressure in 2019.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) 2020 NFL Divisional Power Rankings: AFC East moves up after Tom Brady exits division. AFC East 7th.
- Bryan DeArdo (CBS Sports) Top five NFL rivalries entering the 2020 season. No Pats.
- Adam Rank (NFL.com) State of the Franchise: Critical year for Gase, Darnold, future of Jets
- Nick Selbe (SI) Buffalo Bills, New Era part ways in stadium naming rights deal. /Any rich conglomerates out there with folding table companies?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Will Week One of the regular season happen?
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Patriots players raise questions, express skepticism about football in a pandemic.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL, NFLPA may or may not be haggling over NFI placement for COVID-19.