- Erik Scalavino examines the specialists: It seems the Patriots are comfortable with its kicking trio of veteran LS Joe Cardona, second-year punter/kickoff specialist Jake Bailey and rookie kicker Justin Rohrwasser, who currently has no competition on the roster.
- Patriots Unfiltered 7/21: Reports of no preseason games, Training Camp preview; More. (2 hours)
- Mike Reiss delves into a few storylines ahead of training camp opening up on the 28th. 4. Expectations are high for the Patriots to retain their No. 1 overall defense. Is anything holding the unit back in 2020?
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Patriots roster projection 2.0. Three QBs, Six RBs/FB.
- Karen Guregian explains how having a preseason with no games stinks for the Patriots, but it won’t be a deal-breaker with Bill Belichick running the ship.
- Phil Perry wonders if the smaller roster will interrupt the Patriots’ streak of underdog success stories.
- Andy Hart talks about the value of preseason for evaluators like Bill Belichick, but not for Roger Goodell.
- Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable discuss if N’Keal Harry is in line for a Year 2 jump to become the No. 1 receiver.
- Andrew Callahan points out the Pats ranked among the NFL’s least threatening return teams last season, but now there are several players on the roster who could rejuvenate the return game.
- Aidan Curran has some suggestions for how New England can add a couple more pieces to its 2020 team. 2. Sign DT Tim Jernigan.
- Christopher Price reports Cam Newton arrives in Boston, telling WHDH he was “extremely ecstatic” to be with New England this year, but wouldn’t comment much more than that before adding, “Go Pats.”
- CBS Boston reports Patriots QBs are slated to report to Gillette Stadium for the start of training camp on Monday.
- Adam London notes NFL Insider Jay Glazer is under the impression that Cam Newton is “healthy now” and ready to go.
- Evan Lazar finishes up his countdown of the ten most important Patriots in 2020. No. 1, Cam Newton (and Jarrett Stidham).
- Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable both believe the Patriots are a playoff team, but not Super Bowl contender in 2020.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Thomas Murphy discuss the impact of roster reductions on the positional battles at RB, FB and the CBs and Safeties. (47 min.)
- Patriots Talk Podcast: Tom E. Curran addresses if Cam Newton’s motivation can translate to a stellar performance; More. (37 min.)
- Tyler Sullivan (CBS Sports) 15 under-the-radar storylines heading into training camp, regular season. Who is the defensive coordinator in New England?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Cam Newton mum on his arrival to Boston.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL, NFLPA dispute over money won’t keep football from happening.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA continues to want revenue shortfall spread out over several years.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) FOX to use virtual fans for MLB games, talking to NFL.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) No training camp visits for officials this summer
- Mark Schultz (FootballZebras) Socially distant officiating: Just how is this going to work?
- Ben Austro and Patrick Weber (FootballZebras) Prevent defense: NFL reviewing 5-man officiating mechanics in case of staffing shortages.
- Ben Austro (FootballZebras) More details on NFL contingency for 5-official crews emphasize passing game over line play.