- Patriots officially announce the signing of QB Cam Newton.
- Mike Dussault breaks down how Cam Newton beat the Patriots twice.
- Angelique Fiske helps us get to know new Patriot Cam Newton, and all he brings off the football field.
- From NFL Network: Brian Baldinger breaks down how New England’s offense will look with quarterback Cam Newton. (2.49 min. video)
- Andrew Callahan reports the Patriots officially announced the Cam Newton signing. He’s the ‘3rd-leading rusher in NFL history among QBs, and broke Patriot Steve Grogan’s single-season record for QB rushing TDs in 2011’.
- Chris Mason details Cam Newton’s contract breakdown with incentives.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) The Patriots assign Cam Newton jersey number 1. He’s the fourth player in Patriots history to get it.
- Andy Hart and Ryan Hannable take a look at how the offense will look schematically without Tom Brady.
- Ryan Hannable suggests the Patriots shouldn’t hold Cam Newton back, let him run all he wants.
- DJ Bean is looking forward to a QB camp battle between Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham. /Would be epic, except... fans [sniff, sniff] won’t be allowed at camp to see it. [Wahhhhhh!]
- Ryan Hannable wonders who would benefit more if there were no preseason games, Jarrett Stidham or Cam Newton.
- Darren Hartwell passes along an ex-Panthers teammate colorfully describing Cam Newton’s mindset. Let’s just say he’s motivated to prove everyone who passed on him wrong.
- Ken Laird rolls the marble around in his brain to think up 12 reasons Cam Newton will be better than Tom Brady. 1. Motivation.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) In a crowded Patriots backfield, keep your eyes on undrafted Arizona RB J.J. Taylor.
- Adam London relays a Devin McCourty story that illustrates Tom Brady’s insane work ethic and ultra-competitiveness. /To be fair, the INT was to Rashaan Melvin, that’s why he was so mad, lol.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Patriots officially sign Cam Newton, release hype video over social media.
- Robert Alvarez (PatsFans) Josh Gordon places Super Bowl LIII Championship ring up for auction online.
- Tom E. Curran gives the title of NFL GOAT to Jerry Rice over Tom Brady. /He’s wrong.
- Tom E. Curran wants the NFL to push the season opening back a month.
- Next Pats Podcast: Phil Perry is joined by Steve Palazzolo (Pro Football Focus) to break down how the Patriots can utilize N’Keal Harry more in 2020. (36 min.)
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Steve Balestrieri discuss Rex Burkhead’s contract extension, the Patrick Mahomes contract, the fate of several ‘bubble’ players on the Pats roster, and more. (44 min.)
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Thomas Murphy talk about the potential of a long-trm deal with Joe Thuney, the RB room and the possibility of TE David Nioku finding his way to Foxboro. (42 min.)
- Tyler Sullivan (CBS Sports) Patriots all-time 53-man roster: ‘Dynasty Era’ players dominate, but past legends well-represented.
- Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz (USA Today) 10 NFL stars next in line to land huge contracts: Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott on deck.
- Steve Palazzolo (Pro Football Focus) NFL offensive line rankings: All 32 units entering the 2020 NFL season. 7th Patriots.
- Mina Kimes (ESPN) So long, goal-line fade: Why one of the NFL’s least efficient passing plays is disappearing.
- Chase Goodbread (NFL.com) Pipelines to the Pros: Linebackers. With no close challenger within tackling distance, title of Linebacker U belongs to Georgia.
- Jeff Kerr (CBS Sports) Former NFL MVPs that did not make the Hall of Fame and how they fell short of Canton.
- Joel Corry (CBS Sports) Agent’s Take: Patrick Mahomes’ lengthy contract extension will likely prove anomalous for two big reasons.
- Dan Gartland (SI) Hot clicks: No, Patrick Mahomes didn’t actually sign the “richest contract in sports history”. /What’s the NFL without superlatives?
- John Breech (CBS Sports) Ranking the NFL’s 10 most overpaid players based on their salary cap hit for 2020.
- Mike Jones (USA Today) NFL, players still at odds over COVID-19 testing, preseason schedule, money.
- Jordan Cohn reports the JUGS machine is going the way of the flip phone — cool when it came out, but then the iPhone happened. Say hello to The Seeker, a new robotic QB that accurately throws 70 yards and can track a receiver’s ‘location, speed and acceleration to anticipate the projected catch point.’ /Cool!
- Logan Mullen notes Julian Edelman, a Jewish NFL player, speaks out with a thoughtful response following overt anti-Semitism from DeSean Jackson on Instagram.
- Tom Schad (USA Today) As Redskins review name, Dan Snyder’s once-touted Native American foundation has gone dark.
- Michael Shapiro (SI) Report: Washington won’t use Native American imagery in potential new name.