- Mike Dussault talks about how the eight player opt-outs of the coming season, will impact the roster.
- Highlights: Patriots players get some conditioning work in on Thursday. (38 sec. video)
- Photos: Patriots on the practice field Thursday.
- Patriots Unfiltered: Developing the young weapons; Player opt outs; More. (2 hours)
- Doug Kyed believes Bill Belichick’s willingness to think outside of the box and experiment with new ideas will give the Patriots an advantage this season.
- Kyle Suta (PatsBuzz) Film Breakdown: Why Ja’Whaun Bentley and Adrian Phillips are ideal replacements for key opt-outs. “Over the past three seasons, Phillips has played just about everywhere for the Chargers.” /Worth a read.
- Evan Lazar’s Patriots training camp preview: Cornerbacks. “New England’s shutdown pass defense starts with playing the second-most snaps in man coverage in 2019, which is only possible if you have skilled corners that are up to the task.”
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Patriots Roster Projection 3.0: Following opt-outs, which players stand the best chance of making the 53-man opening day roster?
- Doug Kyed empties his Friday Patriots Mailbag: Biggest reason Why Pats should carry over cap space
- Ryan Hannable notes the Patriots lead the league in opt-outs, but explains why Thursday’s deadline doesn’t really matter.
- Zack Cox looks at which Patriots opponents were hit hardest by player opt-outs
- Michael Hurley says it doesn’t sound like Bill Belichick gave much thought to opting out of the 2020 season.
- Alex Barth highlights Bill Belichick speaking for the first time since the team began full-squad workouts and discussing how he and his team are adapting to the new world.
- Doug Kyed says Patriots fans will have to wait a little longer for an update on Cam Newton’s progress.
- Phil Perry suggests that if the Patriots save cap space, then plenty of big free agents could be available in 2021.
- Mike Masala (PatriotsWire) 5 Patriots extension candidates with all of their newfound cap space.
- Tom E. Curran’s NFL Power Rankings: Where do Patriots stack up after opt-outs? Pats 17th. /Yeesh.
- Nick Goss notes Willie McGinest expects Cam Newton to be the Patriots’ starting QB in Week 1
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Thomas Murphy discuss LB Ja’Whaun Bentley’s potential, moving Joe Thuney to the right side of the OL, and who will be the next ‘next man up’ in Foxboro. (40 min.)
- Frank Schwab (Yahoo! Sports) Five big unanswered NFL questions. How will Patriots look this season with Cam Newton and missing stars?
- Dan Graziano (ESPN) Takeaways from deadline for players opting out of the 2020 NFL season because of coronavirus concerns: Contract impacts; Pats hit hard; More.
- Jordan Dajani (CBS Sports) NFL opt-out deadline takeaways after 67 players pull out of 2020 season during COVID.
- Jonathan Jones (CBS Sports) Insider Notes: Will NFL teams use a quarantined quarterback strategy? Plus, Alex Smith’s recovery and more.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) League gets lucky with no quarterback opt-outs.
- Staff (ESPN) Best of Thursday at training camps: Opt-outs, Gronk flexes, D.C. starting fresh.
- Ali Bhanpuri & Tom Blair (NFL.com) NFL’s 30 best players over 30. Tom Brady 17th, no Pats.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Josh Norman thinks Bills have NFL’s best secondary. /Eh...
- Cynthia Frelund (NFL.com) Ranking all 32 NFL teams by their RB rooms. Patriots 14th. (2.19 min. video)
- Jeremy Fowler (ESPN) Source: NFL eyes virtual fans in stadiums for game days. “Enhanced virtual advertising also is an option to fill vacant seats.” /I’m sure.
- Conor Orr (SI) No 2020 NFL Season? Give us feats of strength.
- Shalise Manza Young (Yahoo! Sports) Many NFL players opting out for sensible health reasons may have put careers on the line.
- Barry Wilner (AP) 66 players opt out of NFL season due to coronavirus pandemic.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) League deferring all issues of COVID-19 and coaching staffs to teams.
- Jimmy Traina (SI) Traina Thoughts mailbag: NFL TV rights, ‘Hard Knocks,’ Mike Golic and more.