The New England Patriots again practiced with an active roster of 51 on Thursday.
Center and captain David Andrews returned to the fields as a spectator after being sidelined by a hand issue to begin the week. And six of his Patriots teammates, including rookies Kyle Dugger and Josh Uche on the defensive side of the ball, were limited participants as the Las Vegas Raiders draw near.
Here’s the updated injury report ahead of Sunday’s 1 p.m. ET kickoff at Gillette Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: RB James White (not injury related), C David Andrews (hand)
- Raiders: RB Josh Jacobs (hip), TE Darren Waller (knee), OT Trent Brown (calf), G Denzelle Good (thumb/illness), LB Nick Kwiatkoski (pectoral)
Following the death of his father in a Florida car crash that left his mother in critical condition, White was inactive last Sunday night against the Seattle Seahawks. The running back and New England captain has since been absent for consecutive practices.
A handful of Raiders starters continue to be non-participants after Monday night’s matchup with the New Orleans Saints. And at running back and tight end, Jacobs and Waller combined for 42 offensive touches in the 34-24 win.
- Patriots: WR Julian Edelman (knee), WR N’Keal Harry (ankle), DT Adam Butler (shoulder), LB Brandon Copeland (knee), LB Josh Uche (foot), S Kyle Dugger (ankle)
- Raiders: WR Bryan Edwards (foot), WR Henry Ruggs (knee/hamstring), OT Sam Young (groin)
New England’s pair of second-round draft arrivals were added to the injury report on Thursday. Dugger took on an expanded defensive role and fielded kickoffs last weekend, while Uche had been ruled out prior to the road trip to CenturyLink Field. The safety from Lenoir-Rhyne and linebacker from Michigan are dealing with ankle and foot injuries, respectively.
For Las Vegas, Ruggs would be downgraded to limited on Thursday with both knee and hamstring ailments. The sudden No. 12 overall pick out of Alabama has four receptions for 59 yards on the campaign.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Raiders: WR Hunter Renfrow (ankle), G John Simpson (shoulder), DE Carl Nassib (illness), LB Corey Littleton (shoulder), CB Damon Arnette (wrist/thumb), S Johnathan Abram (shoulder)
No Patriots would graduate to full availability on Thursday.
Nassib did so for the Raiders. The veteran defensive end, who has posted a half-sack and three tackles thus far into September, missed the previous practice for Las Vegas as a result of an illness.