Headlining the updated list is quarterback Mac Jones with No. 10, which the first-round draft choice wore at Alabama prior to being assigned No. 50 with the Patriots from organized team activities through the initial weeks of training camp.
Veteran wide receiver Damiere Byrd, now a member of the Chicago Bears, was the last to wear those digits with the organization.
Here’s the full rolodex for New England’s rookie group of nine, in numerical order.
- No. 3: Quinn Nordin, kicker
- No. 10: Mac Jones, quarterback
- No. 34: Joshuah Bledsoe, safety
- No. 38: Rhamondre Stevenson, running back
- No. 45: Cameron McGrone, inside linebacker
- No. 51: Ronnie Perkins, outside linebacker
- No. 68: Will Sherman, offensive tackle
- No. 70: Christian Barmore, defensive tackle
- No. 87: Tre Nixon, wide receiver
The undrafted Nordin out of Michigan previously wore No. 61 during Patriots practices. The remainder of the selections — from the Crimson Tide’s Barmore atop the second round through Central Florida’s Nixon late in the seventh round — wore No. 51 through No. 59.
New England kicks off the preseason at 7:30 p.m. ET versus the Washington Football Team.