- Transactions: Patriots claim RB/WR Malcolm Perry off waivers from Miami; Place WR N’Keal Harry on IR; Sign three players to the practice squad.
- Mike Dussault’s Notebook: Mills ready for any role in the secondary.
- Press Conferences: Quinn Nordin - Kendrick Bourne - Jalen Mills - J.C. Jackson.
- Patriots Playbook: John Rooke with an AFC East preview, 53-man roster analysis, more. (2 hours)
- Patriots Unfiltered 9/2: Initial 53-man roster reaction. (2 hours)
- Andrew Callahan reports the Patriots debuted their new 53-man roster at practice Thursday, and their new practice squad; TE Matt LaCosse wore a non-contact jersey, CB D’Angelo Ross was the lone player missing.
- Ryan Hannable reports practice on Thursday saw a few players debut for the Pats.
- Evan Lazar shares some thoughts on every position group on the initial 53-man roster.
- Luke Ervin (PatsBuzz) Grading each position group following roster cuts.
- Karen Guregian says there’s no need to throttle down The Mac Show: Josh McDaniels won’t keep Mac Jones’ arm on ice, despite the fact he’s a rookie starter.
- Michael Hurley talks about how the Patriots don’t appear to have any doubts whatsoever about the readiness of rookie Mac Jones to start at quarterback.
- Ryan Hannable highlights ESPN radio guest Nick Saban on what his conversations were like with Bill Belichick about Mac Jones ahead of the NFL Draft.
- Mark Daniels explains why Patriots players knew Mac Jones had the potential to be something special and J.C. Jackson agrees ‘He’s going to be that guy.’ ‘He seems ready for the moment.’
- Evan Lazar talks about how the Patriots defense will get by without Stephon Gilmore.
- Andrew Callahan feels the Patriots are risking a slower start without Stephon Gilmore.
- Mike D’Abate (PatriotMaven) Kendrick Bourne ‘comfortable’ in his role with the Patriots.
- Karen Guregian mentions how kicker Quinn Nordin shows off his quirky side.
- Andy Hart looks at five big questions still facing the Patriots ahead of Week 1. 1. What exactly is Matt Patricia’s role?
- Zack Cox addresses his Friday Patriots Mailbag: What will a Mac Jones-led offense look like this year?
- Mike D’Abate (PatriotMaven) Patriots Notebook: N’Keal Harry to IR, Harvey Langi Returns and More.
- Matt Dolloff’s Patriots Notebook: How Gunner Olszewski became a roster lock.
- Ricky Doyle highlights Mike Sando (The Athletic) who asked five NFL front office executives to rank the 16 AFC teams ahead of the season, and an opportunity to explain their thinking: One executive pointed to Newton’s missteps while evaluating the Patriots.
- A Clare Perspective podcast: Clare Cooper is joined by Nick ‘Fitzy’ Stevens as they discuss the topic of the moment, the release of Cam Newton and how now it’s time for Mac the knife… and more. (34 min.)
- Kevin Patra (NFL.com) Patriots CB J.C. Jackson on QB Mac Jones: ‘He’s a rookie, but he plays like a vet.
- Nick Wojton (TouchdownWire) Report: Patriots ‘still open’ to trading All-Pro Stephon Gilmore.
- Staff (NFL.com) 2021 NFL playoff predictions. AFC East champs: Buffalo Bills.
- Brad Gagnon (Bleacher Report) Latest win-loss predictions for every NFL team ahead of 2021 season.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) Top five underdogs who survived NFL’s final cuts. Quinn Nordin included.
- Ryan Young (Yahoo! Sports) Tim Tebow joining Stephen A. Smith, ‘First Take’ every Friday as one of Max Kellerman’s replacements.
- Nick Wojton (TouchdownWire) Nickelodeon will be back in NFL Wild Card round.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) Urban Meyer, Bill Belichick & why NFL coaches have no choice but to lie about cutting players due to vaccine status. /Or... they’re not lying.
- Tim Kelly (Audacy) Which NFL quarterbacks have been vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Jonathan Jones (CBS Sports) NFL aims to ‘Inspire Change’ with new social justice promotion at the end of 2021 regular season. /You first, commish.
- The Touchdown Wire Podcast: Doug and Mark name their All-Preseason teams! (52 min.)