Mock 2/2 and this one will be what will happen aka predictive. I will mock trades and I will be giving an alternative selection at every pick to take two swings. Doing this in large part to compare how accurate it is to the real 1st round on Thursday, deviation of of spot, etc.
2022 NFL Draft
1. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama - I'm not sure why Aidan Hutchinson is the de facto #1 pick. GM Trent Baalke loves Travon Walker allegedly, and Doug Pederson likes an OT prospect allegedly. From my vantage point, Trevor Lawrence just had a pretty disappointing year. Jawaan Taylor at RT kind of sucks, Cam Robinson is okay at LT. Neal is a monster and the safest OT prospect and probably the best. Protecting Lawrence > taking your 4th first round EDGE in the past few years. Second swing: Aidan Hutchinson
2. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan - Nothing much to say, best EDGE prospect and fits the bill perfectly for Dan Campbell and the Lions. Played in the state, hard worker, etc. Second swing: Ahmed Gardner
3. TRADE - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty - The Saints need to leapfrog two divisional rivals who are both primed to take a QB in this draft. They made the move for a reason. Caserio would love to move down and even would accept roughly equal value here, not just some massive overpay. Jameis Winston is their QB and his second year is fake money, contract details don't lie.
NO sends 16 + 49 + 2023 2nd for HOU 3rd overall pick. Second Swing: HOU takes Ikem Ekonwu
4. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia - Jets are horned for an EDGE rusher, they see Walker "fall" to them here. They could go Stringley or Thib but eh. Second swing: Kayvon Thibodeaux
5. Ahmed Gardner, CB, Cincy - Giants take the top CB prospect. Second Swing: Evan Neal
6. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt - Matt Rhule and co make a bad pick to save their jobs, tie themselves to the development of a QB. Second swing: Travon Walker
7. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon - Arguably the best or 2nd best EDGE falls a bit to the Giants here. They just have to make the pick. Second Swing: Derek Stingley
8. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama - The Falcons go for upside at the WR position. With both top QB prospects gone they will wait on adding a long-term solution there. Second Swing: Charles Cross
9. Derek Stingley, CB, LSU - The Seahawks need OT help but they can't pass up the other best CB prospect before a massive fall off at the position. Second swing: Kyle Hamilton
10. Garrett Wilson, WR, OSU - The Jets take arguably the best WR in the draft at 10. Second swing: Jameson Williams
11. Drake London, WR, USC - Not the Redskins signed Wentz, need another receiver. Second swing: Trent McDuffie
12. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame - Defensive stud falls to Lord Zimmer, he can't pass. Second swing: Garrett Wilson
13. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC St. - Big fall for two OTs, HOU lucks into a guy they would have taken at 3rd overall here at 13 somehow. Second Swing: Jermaine Johnson
14. Jordan Davis, IDL, Georgia - Baltimore loves hogs, takes giant man. Second Swing: Jordan Davis again
15. TRADE - Chargers select Charles Cross, OT, Miss St
LAC leapfrogs to take a sliding top OT prospect. LAC sends 17 + 123 + 195 for PHI 15th overall. Second Swing: Devin Lloyd PHI
16. (HOU via trade) Chris Olave, WR, OSU - Laser beam Nick f---s us here at 16, makes a good pick. Second Swing: NO takes Tyler Smith
17. (PHI via trade) Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington - Philly's biggest need is corner. Second swing: LAC takes Chris Olave
18. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah St - Philly's LBs are terrible, so they add the top LB prospect here on their back to back selections. Second Swing: Drake London
19. Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa - NO loves this guy. After missing out on a slide that probably won't happen with Cross/Ekwonu, they are still happy at 19 to get Smith. They can address WR later. Second Swing: Christian Watson
20. Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson - Pittsburgh needs corner talent. Second Swing: Lewis Cine
21. TRADE - HOU selects George Karalfitis, EDGE, Purdue - This EDGE prospect fell down the board, a fit for a 4-3 defense that Lovie Smith installed in HOU. With their added capital earlier HOU moves up for this pick with a familiar trading partner in NE.
HOU sends 37 + 68 + 108 for 21. Second Swing: NE selects Bernhard Raimann
22. Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan - GB just needs WR talent. I believe they will reach for anything here, Watson or Pickens in play. Second Swing: George Pickens
23. Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida - ARI needs a CB. Second swing: Skyy Moore
24. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas - Jerry Jones. Second swing: Treylon Burks
25. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington - Buffalo needs a boundary corner, goes Gordon. Second swing: Kaiir Elam
26. George Pickens, WR, Georgia - Tennessee with AJ Brown's situation goes WR. Second swing: Daxton Hill
27. Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College - Obvious pick for TB to make. Second swing: Zion Johnson
28. Trevor Penning, OT - GB needs OT. Second swing: Bernhard Raimann
29. Christian Watson, WR, NDSU - KC replacing Hill and adding an explosive WR. Second swing: Trevor Penning
30. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor - Need DB talent. Second swing: Alec Pierce
31. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa - Why not. Second swing: Tyler Linderbaum
32. Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincy - Second swing: ATL trades into 32 for a QB, Ridder let's say.
NE at 37: Josh Paschal, EDGE, Kentucky. Second swing: Daxton Hill, FS/CB, Michigan
Well that was painful, but after the real draft I'll compare.