The Patriots are on to Miami. My brain is still smiling after Buffalo, but it also knows it’s time to turn the page. At least the team doesn’t have to play tomorrow night like the Bills do. Go Bucs! Can you imagine the internal combustion if the Bills drop to 4-4?
New England has had an historically tough time playing the Dolphins in Miami. Normally I’d mentally concede this game as a loss but this week I’m not so quick on the draw. The good vibes from last week are still in the air and the Dolphins are coming off a tough loss to the Eagles.
I can envision the Fins trying a little too hard, wanting to come out and show the NFL that they’re still a top-of-the league team — which they are. Who better to put up more gaudy offensive numbers against than the lowly 2-5 Patriots? They certainly think it’s doable. The Pats need to put together an effective game plan so the players can throw a wrench in the ‘Phins Week 8 party plans. Keep it going!
- Transactions: Patriots released QB Malik Cunningham and DL Trey Flowers.
- Evan Lazar highlights Bill O’Brien speaking about the offense’s progress in the win over the Bills and if the team will stick with Michael Onwenu at right tackle moving forward.
- Paul Perillo tackles this week’s Patriots Mailbag: How should the Patriots treat the trade deadline?
- Paul Perillo’s NFL Notes: Mac Jones, offense answer the call.
- Press Conferences: Bill O’Brien - Brian Belichick - Troy Brown - Will Lawing - Steve Belichick - Ross Douglas - Cam Achord - Mike Pellegrino - Adrian Klemm - DeMarcus Covington - Jerod Mayo.
- Sights and Sounds: Week 7 vs. Buffalo Bills. (3 min. video)
- Belichick Breakdown: Jabrill Peppers’ interception, Patriots final drive and More. (4.30 min. video)
- Tom E. Curran puts the team’s stunning Week 7 victory into perspective. Pats’ upset of the Bills changes the narrative … for now. /Don’t worry, he’s on guard waiting for them to lose again.
- Justin Leger notes Kendrick Bourne will be the best pass-catcher on the field during this Sunday’s Patriots-Dolphins matchup, according to ESPN Analytics.
- Mike Reiss talks about how Mac Jones was at his best in the most critical moments and will be looking to parlay that into more success this week against the Dolphins.
- Karen Guregian highlights Solomon Wilcotts on the value of that game-winning drive for Mac Jones. “I can guarantee you with that kind of drive, there’s more of a belief today surrounding Mac Jones, then there was going into that game against the Buffalo Bills. Because it’s about getting it done, and doing it. And boy, did he ever.”
- Matt Vautour reminds us how rookie WR Demario Douglas popped at the Shrine Game before Patriots drafted him
- Alex Barth suggests that this year’s NFL trade deadline could have decade-plus implications for the Patriots.
- Matt Dolloff mentions the surprise waiving of QB/WR Malik Cunningham by the Patriots.
- Matt Vautour passes along a confirmed report that DB/KR Marcus Jones will be out for the season.
- Steve Balestrieri doesn’t give a F when he issues his Week 7 Patriots Report Card.
- Karen Guregian issues this week’s Patriots Report Card: Good grades for the comeback kids.
- Phil Perry issues his Pats-Bills Report Card: Pop Douglas flashes ‘dynamic’ skill set, rising to the occasion when the Pats desperately needed playmaking.
- Bob Socci’s Patriots Notebook: Every day in NFL is a special day for the Patriots’ Pharaoh Brown
- Joy Manning (BostonSportsChick) The name may have changed, but Strikes for Tykes delivered once again.
- Lauren Campbell highlights Mac Jones, who appreciated Mike Onwenu at Right Tackle. Onwenu hadn’t played tackle since 2021 but the move immediately paid dividends.
- Lauren Campbell passes along a report that Miami placed former Patriots OL Isaiah Wynn on Injured Reserve.
- Clare Cooper (PatsPropaganda) An ode to fandom.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike and Murph break down the 29-25 win over the Bills. (42 min.)
- Jeffri Chadiha (NFL.com) The First Read: NFL’s 10 most trustworthy teams; new MVP rankings; must-watch game in Week 8.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) ‘Lucrative’ contract extension or not, Robert Kraft still has a decision to make on Bill Belichick.
- Jeff Kerr (CBS Sports) One thing we learned about each team after Week 7: Patriots: They still don’t blow games under Bill Belichick. No matter how bad Belichick gets, New England gets the job done when it has a lead.
- Matt Verderame (SI) Three Week 7 plays you need to watch again, including Josh Allen’s early blunder.
- Frank Schwab (Yahoo! Sports) Maybe the Bills’ window is closing and we’re starting to see it.
- Jordan Dajani (CBS Sports) 2023 NFL trade deadline: Top players at each position who could be dealt. OT Trent Brown included.
- Conor Orr (SI) Nine NFL trade deadline deals we’d like to see. No Pats.
- Conor Orr (SI) Ranking the most fun landing spots for Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. Patriots included.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) 49ers’ slump exposes a wide-open Super Bowl race and a critical NFL trade deadline for top teams.
- Cody Benjamin (CBS Sports) NFL coaches on the rise and decline heading into Week 8.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Chase Winovich says he’s retiring at age 28.
- Matt Johnson (SportsNaut) NFL reportedly investigating Atlanta Falcons for handling of Bijan Robinson injury.
- Albert Breer (SI) The future of streaming NFL games isn’t slowing down anytime soon.