The New England Patriots are entering their Week 10 bye off a 26-3 win over the Indianapolis Colts and with a 5-4 record on the year. Despite moving above .500 for the first time this season, though, they are still outside the playoff picture.
At the moment, New England owns the eighth seed in the AFC. However, there is a chance they move up this week without even playing.
For that to happen, they will need one of this week’s games to go according to how the oddsmakers at DraftKings Sportsbook project it:
- Los Angeles Chargers (+7) at San Francisco 49ers (-7)
If the Chargers indeed lose in San Francisco, they will drop from 5-3 to 5-4 on the season — the same record as the Patriots. However, New England would hold the edge due to a superior strength of victory tiebreaker in that case.
Accordingly, the team might move into the seventh seed in the conference without even taking the field.
As for the other games this week, meanwhile, their opening lines are as follows:
- Atlanta Falcons (-3) at Carolina Panthers (+3)
- Seattle Seahawks (+2.5) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2.5)
- Minnesota Vikings (+7.5) at Buffalo Bills (-7.5)
- Houston Texans (+6.5) at New York Giants (-6.5)
- Cleveland Browns (+4) at Miami Dolphins (-4)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (+9.5) at Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5)
- Denver Broncos (+3) at Tennessee Titans (-3)
- Detroit Lions (+3) at Chicago Bears (-3)
- New Orleans Saints (-2.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (+2.5)
- Indianapolis Colts (+6) at Las Vegas Raiders (-6)
- Dallas Cowboys (-5) at Green Bay Packers (+5)
- Arizona Cardinals (+3) at Los Angeles Rams (-3)
- Washington Commanders (+10.5) at Philadelphia Eagles (-10.5)